terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2015

♡ Release Day & #Review ♡ Mastered (The Enforcers #1) by Maya Banks @maya_banks @SullandPartners




Mastered
The Enforcers #1
by
Maya Banks

Release Date: December 29th 2015





✾ Synopsis ✾


From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Breathless Trilogy comes the first novel in the Enforcers series — a bold new direction in erotic romance that explores the games men and women play, and the price they're willing to pay for pleasure.

What he wants, he takes with no remorse or guilt.

She stood out in his club like a gem, unspoiled and untouched. A lamb among wolves, she clearly didn't belong. Drawn to her innocence he watched as she was surrounded by men who saw what he did — but no one but him could touch her. He summoned her to his private quarters. He sensed her fear. He also recognized the desire in her eyes. And he knew she wouldn't leave before he possessed her. She had no need to know his secrets. Not until he had her under his complete and utter control.

What he wants, she isn't sure she can give him.

The moment he told her want he wanted, she couldn't resist. Instinct told her to run, but her heart said stay and walk the fine line between pleasure and pain. Though she wasn't sure she could ever completely surrender, the primal part of her wanted to try, even knowing this man could break her in ways she never imagined. Because once he possessed her, he owned her and it would be too late to turn back. She can only pray that he doesn't destroy her in the end.












❀ Buy Links ❀

✧ Digital ✧

Kindle USNookKobo
iBooksGoogleARe


✧ Print ✧

Amazon USB&NBAMIndieBound
Book DepositoryChanging HandsKaty Budget Books








✿ My Review ✿




Mastered is book one of the The Enforcers series. It is Evangeline and Drake's story. It ends ends with a cliffhanger and their story continues in Dominated.

***

After being dumped and humiliated by her boyfriend, Evangeline follows her friends advice and goes to the hottest club in the city, Impulse, to show him what he threw away. They dress her up and she looks amazing.
However, things don't go as they planned and Evangeline ends up face to face with Drake Donovan, the owner of the club.
Soon, they embark on a special relationship: Evangeline becomes Drake's submissive and must give all of herself to him, and Drake takes care of her and protects her in every way possible.
But Drake still has secrets. Will Evangeline remain by his side when she discovers the truth? Or will Drake lose is Angel?




I really liked Mastered! It is a great book, with a captivating story. It is full of scorching sex scenes and suspense. It keeps the reader guessing what comes next and wanting more.
It is mainly from Evangeline's and Drake's POVs, but there are bits of the story from Drake's men's POVs.

Evangeline is a very sweet and kind young woman. She is naive, innocent and very loyal, but also very strong. After what happened with her ex, she doesn't believe she will ever be enough for anyone, especially a man like Drake. I loved to see her bloom during her time with Drake and how she defended his men.
Drake is a dark and brooding alpha male, that's used to have control of every aspect of his life. He feels an immediate attraction for Evangeline and decides he has to have her. I loved how sweet and gentle he was with Evangeline.
Drake's men are very intriguing, especially Silas. They're very close, they're like brothers. I loved their reactions to Evangeline.




Mastered is a great book, with a captivating story and characters. The last chapters are amazing! I can't wait o read what happens next! I want to know more about Drake's past and more about Silas, Maddox and Justice. I loved them!

This is the first book I've read written by Maya Banks and she didn't disappoint. Her writing style is amazing and I can't wait to read all of her books!

***

ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review







✿ The Author ✿


My name is Maya Banks and I live in Texas with my husband and three children and our assortment of pets. I'm more of a cat person, but my daughter became convinced she NEEDED a dog. So convinced in fact that it became her mission to convince her father and me. She prepared a two page hand written proposal that detailed WHY she needed a dog, and well, after I sent her to her father (I knew he wouldn't tell her no) we embarked on the search for the perfect dog. The journey that was two hours away and that I got pulled over for speeding while I was on the phone with my agent who had an offer from a publisher for one of my books... The officer wasn't impressed. He wrote me a ticket anyway. Thus, I now tell my daughter that her dog turned into one very expensive concession!

When I'm not writing, I love to hunt and fish with my family. We all love the outdoors and go on family hunting trips every year. We also love to travel. One of our more recent trips was to Scotland, which was every bit as comical as National Lampoon's European Vacation. You know the part about "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament" as they went round and round the roundabouts? Yeah, that was us, only we couldn't even get out of the airport in Glasgow without hitting three of those suckers.

Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of a writing career is getting to meet so many wonderful readers. There's nothing better than dishing books with someone who loves the romance genre as much as I do. Romance readers are passionate and vocal. We love our books, love our happily ever afters, and we love to spend time talking to others about our favorites. THIS is why I love my job so much, and I'm so grateful to readers who gave ME a chance when I began my career. So thank you.



✽ Author Links ✽

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter



Vera is Reading



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário